Pre and post Skin Peel or Rejuvapen treatment advice.
We use light to medium skin peels. These peels work best when taken as a series. Your pre treatment is very important to ensure the effectiveness of your peel.
Prior to any treatment your skin will be analysed and you will be advised on any on general measures. A Home Maintenance programme will start skin repair and measure your skin peel sensitivity.
Two weeks prior to your skin peel you will book a consultation with one of our Skin therapists; at this appointment we will do a detailed consultation and recommend the pre care skin products that you will need to use to prep your skin for the Peel. You may also commence taking vitamins B, C and zinc. Increase water intake (2 litres per day) to maintain hydration, apply a mild moisturiser twice a day for 1 week prior to the skin peel.
Be sure to tell your skin therapist if you have experienced cold sores, are on hormonal tablets, sail or are planning a sun holiday, have had previous radiotherapy, have used roaccutane for acne or have had previous hair removal. Please advise us if you are on pain killers, blood thinners, and aspirin.
You can return to work same day. The face usually has a healthy glow. If possible leave make up off for a couple of days. If not possible we advise using a chemical free SPF and a light application of mineral make up. Clean your skin with a gentle cleanser after the peel for 5 days.
Avoid peeling products, picking or scratching your skin.
You may return to your normal skin routine 5 days post peel. If you have any residual peeling or redness, please do not hesitate to call us on 01-2300244/01-2300255.
One week before your peel avoid these products or procedures:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- Clients who have had BOTOX injections should wait until full effect of their treatment is seen before receiving a Peel.
Three (3) days before your skin peel avoid these products and/or procedures:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Lytera
- Any products containing retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
*Note: The use of these products/treatments prior to your peel may increase skin sensitivity and cause a stronger reaction.
Clients who should not be treated:
- Clients with active cold sores or warts, skin with open wounds, sunburn, excessively sensitive skin, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea in the area to be treated. Inform your Therapist if you have any history of herpes simplex (cold sores) Antiviral medicines may be required if you are prone to cold sores.
- Clients with a history of allergies to salicylates like aspirin, salicylic acid, lactic acid, retinol) or those who may be sensitive to any of the components in this treatment
- Clients who have taken Accutane® within the past year
- Clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding (lactating)
- Clients who have received chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Clients with vitiligo
- Clients with a history of skin cancer.
- Patients with a history of an autoimmune disease (such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, etc.) Diabetes or any condition that may weaken their immune system. Please discuss your plan to have a peel if have any health or skin issues.
Please inform your skin Therapist if you have any of these medical conditions. We also ask that at each appointment you advise your skin therapist if anything has changed since your last appointment. If you have been on medication, painkillers, antibiotics etc.
*Note: Clients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures (e.g. laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic filler,microdermabrasion, etc) should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves before receiving a Peel.