Can you believe it; half of the year is almost gone already? June 21st is Father's Day; we have some specials for Dad to enjoy on his special day. Happy Fathers Day to all Dads reading this. Enjoy your day! Thank you to all of you who replied to our request for models for training, we will be in touch.
Unfortunately Diana is leaving us to return to Italy to care for her mum, who broke her knee recently. We are sorry to see Diana go and wish her mum a speedy recovery.
We are delighted to welcome Fia to the Team.Fia is a highly skilled Thai therapist; she has been working at the Angsana Spa -The Brehon Hotel in Killarney. You can enjoy an Ayurveda massage with Fia for €75 for a limited period as an introductory offer.
In this edition you will read about - How your diet affects your skin, the benefits of massage , some detox tips etc., plus we have an exciting competition on Face book. Log on to Nuala Woulfe Salon & Serenity Spa's Face book page and click’ Like’ to enter, please see details below.
A reminder that the village will be alive with Blooms day celebrations on Sunday the 14th June and on Blooms day 16th June. There will be music and fun for all to enjoy.
And finally you will read some information on allergies; unfortunately it is that time of year again when the sneezing starts for some.
For any enquiries or to make a booking, please contact us at 01-2300255/01-2300244 or email@example.com
Wishing you good health and serenity, from The Team @ Nuala Woulfe Salon & Serenity Spa.
Competition Time! €100 Spa voucher to be Won
How stressed are you? Tell us on Face book why you deserve a pampering break in our gorgeous spa and a €100 voucher could be winging its way to you.
The voucher is redeemable against treatments in Nuala Woulfe Beauty Salon or Serenity Day Spa and should go a long way towards soothing your soul and softening your hands and feet! Or, for you men, perhaps it can go a long way towards some serious stress busting treats!
Click here to enter.
Roasted Cod, Tomatoes, Orange & Onions
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 pound ripe but firm small round or plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely slivered orange zest . See below for tips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless cod (see Tips) or other thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish, cut into 4 equal portions
Click here to see full recipe.
Massage is, according to a slew of emerging research, one of the most effective ways to take care of you. Most recently, it has proven beneficial in the reduction of pain and stress levels, and in the increased activity of the circulatory system. But, you ask, how do you fit it into your already busy life? It’s hectic enough. Yes, I know which is exactly why it’s all the more important. And it’s why you absolutely must consider fitting massage in-consider some of the benefits of massage:
- It decreases acute and chronic pain
- It improves flexibility through stretching
- It increases feel-good hormones
- It decreases stress-related hormones
- It improves circulation
Click here to see our full list of Massage treatments.
How Does Your Diet Affect Your Skin
Clean, clear and glowing skin is the hallmark of youth. If you sincerely want to change your skin then you'll have to change your diet. Your skin is the largest organ in the body and one of its functions is to help you get rid of waste. Too little healthy foods and too many unhealthy foods can interfere with the normal processes of your digestive system.
Click here to read more.
- At the start of each day drink a glass of warm water with a little freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s a great way to start the day and this will help to make your system more alkaline as we are more acidic on waking in the morning.
- Make a point of chewing your food thoroughly.
- Sip hot water prior to meals and make a point of drinking 2- 3 litres of mineral water per day.
- Be aware of portion sizes, it’s better to eat smaller meals more frequently.
- Exercise gently every day.
- Avoid sugar.
- Eat lots of fresh coloured vegetables.
- Soak in an Epsom salts bath daily.
Click here to read full article.
Allergies are nothing to sneeze at!
It's no coincidence that with the introduction of modern agriculture along came allergies. Not only are many people allergic to the synthetic chemicals used in farming today, but many believe that these are the root to the shocking number of food aversions found in western society. Today people suffer unpleasant reactions when exposed to certain foods ranging from hives and eczema to serious illness-but it doesn't have to be that way. Allergies are a hypersensitive reaction in a person to an exposure that does not affect most people.
Click here to read full article