The sun damages our skin every day, all year round – even on the cloudiest of days. Sun and environmental damage are associated with 93% of skin ageing. Wearing daily sun protection is essential in maintaining your clients’ skin health and helping to prevent premature skin ageing.
Sun protection is fundamentally a daylight protection. That’s because while UVB is strongest in the Summer, UVA, visible light and infrared-A are present all year round.
Present all year round reaches deep into the dermis can penetrate cloud and glass.It is invisible to the naked eye so does the damage without you being aware.
• Most harmful during summer, penetrates the epidermis and causes sunburn
• Visible light presents all year round affects the dermis and epidermis
• Key cause of skin pigmentation
• Infrared-a - present all year round penetrates the dermis and hyper dermis
• More wrinkles are formed when skin is exposed to UV and infrared-a together
The danger of Free Radicals
Prolonged sun exposure releases millions of free radicals in the skin causing damage that results in premature skin ageing and impaired skin health.
These daylight-induced free radicals damage:Skin cell DNA leading to mutationshttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18348455
• Langerhans cells compromising the skin’s ability to protect itself –Ageing skin exhibits changes in its intrinsic properties and reduced ability to restore itself after an injury.
• Melanocytes causing pigmentation. Melanocytes, which contain a substance called melanin that darkens the skin to protect it from the ultraviolet rays of the sun, are more vulnerable to UVA radiation than normal skin cells because they are unable to repair themselves as efficiently.
• Collagen leading to lines, wrinkles and laxity. Photoaging of the skin depends primarily on the degree of ultraviolet radiation (UVR) and on an amount of melanin in the skin (skin phototype). In addition to direct or indirect DNA damage, UVR activates cell surface receptors of keratinocytes and fibroblasts in the skin, which leads to a breakdown of collagen https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3789494/
With maximum protection against UVA, UVB, visible light, infrared-A, free radicals and DNA damage, Heliocare 360° is a good product. It shields the skin’s surface and defends the skin from within with a unique combination of intelligent ingredients.
Fernblock is derived from the fern Polypodium leucotomos; an aquatic plant that evolved to thrive on land by developing a powerful protective mechanism from the sun. Fernblock harnesses the power of this unique fern by a patented extract which is then fortified with ferulic and caffeic acid.
Fernblock fights and neutralises harmful free radicals in the skin and is clinically proven to protect fibroblasts, collagen, Langerhans cells and skin cell DNA.
This revolutionary technology is the result of years of research – with over 80 clinical papers – and is exclusive to Heliocare 360° products.
Fernblock is a neutraceutical which has photoprotective properties when use topically it inhibits generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) production induced by UV including superoxide anion. It also prevents damage to the DNA, inhibits UV-induced damage, and protects endogenous skin natural antioxidant systems https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257081/
When should I wear Sun protection
WHO: Everyone under the sun
WHAT: Broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher; SPF 30 or higher for a day outdoors
WHEN: Every day; 30 minutes prior to going outdoors. Reapply every two hours
WHERE: All exposed skin
HOW: One ounce (shot glass full) to entire body for each application
WHY: Reduce your risk of skin damage and skin cancer!
Comments will be approved before showing up.